View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't select picture in table cell

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble selecting a picture in a table cell in Word 2007. This can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue.
  1. First, try selecting the entire table by clicking on the table selector (the small square in the top left corner of the table) and then clicking on the picture. This should allow you to select the picture even if it is completely contained within the cell.
  2. If that doesn't work, you can try adjusting the text wrapping settings again. Select the table cell containing the picture, then go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon. In the "Alignment" group, click on the "Cell Margins" button and select "Custom Margins". In the "Table Cell Options" dialog box, go to the "Text Wrapping" tab and select "In Line with Text". Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  3. Now try selecting the picture again. You should be able to right-click on it and select "Format Picture". In the "Format Picture" dialog box, go to the "Layout" tab and select "Advanced". In the "Advanced Layout" dialog box, you can adjust the position of the picture by changing the values in the "Horizontal" and "Vertical" boxes. To right justify the picture, set the "Horizontal" value to "Right relative to Margin".