Jim

Default How to remove unwanted formatting in mail merge for cells witn no

My original data source is Excel
I have two fields causing me problems - Phone & Date of Birth
Each field is numeric and formatted as Special Phone Number and Date
I only have about 1 out of 10 records with data
I am using mail merge to complete application forms using the data in Excel
I used switches on the phone field to make the data display properly
My problems a
When I view the records in mail merge if there was no date for a record in
Excel, I see a time displayed 12:00:00 AM. When I view the record where
there is no phone number, I see my formatting instead (000) 000-0000.
How do I tell the mail merge to skip blank cells in Excel so I see nothing?
I prefer to not change my data source (say to text to fix this) in Excel as
it is a "live" spreadsheet that users are continously adding data to to fill
in the missing records for phone number and DOB.