Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2010, making backups/copies of word files

On Jun 7, 7:31*pm, Jim wrote:
On 07/06/2012 23:32, Peter T. Daniels wrote: What you are proposing is nothing short of wiretapping (or the
equivalent). In what country (or in what state of the US) do you live
-- in your polity, is it legal to wiretap with the consent of only one
of the parties concerned?

For what it's worth i live in the UK, and all i'm doing is making sure
they (the 2 people) are not doing anything I'm unhappy about, what about
putting a tracking device in your car if you lend it someone, no
difference IMO.

What is the law on wiretapping in the UK? (Or, as for some reason they
took to calling it, "phone hacking"?)

Interestingly, SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) just a few
weeks ago issued a hair-splitting decision on when a warrant is
required to put a tracking device on a car (in most cases it will be
required) and when not.

Again, I don't see that there would be a problem if the borrower knew
about the tracker.