Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Word 2010, making backups/copies of word files

On 2012-06-09, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
How about a bland statement similar to the one you get on virtually every
type of support call: "This call may be monitored or recorded for quality
assurance purposes," or the like?

I've always suspected that "for quality assurance purposes" was code for
"for our own 'CYA.'" My suspicions are frequently confirmed when *I* (a
lowly customer) explain to a "customer service" rep that our
conversation may be recorded on my end for "quality assurance purposes."
They usually don't want to talk to me any more.

Nonetheless, in the OP's case, I think disclosure is a good idea, even
if it's followed by "if you do not consent to this monitoring, do not
use this equipment."

--
You have a strong appeal for members of your own sex.