Arrrgh --
Doing a find-replace to change italicized or underlined commas
to plain commas within legal cites will not work because legal cites
contain internal commas, which should remain italicized or underlined;
only the comma at the end of the legal cite must be in plain text.

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 08 Mar 2005 22:55:13 -0800, Daiya
Mitchell wrote:

|I am not seeing that post in my newsreader or in Google Groups. I only see
|you replying to Suzanne on questions of format.
|
|It seems your comma question was settled, by Graham Mayor. You will have to
|restate what was wrong with it, if something was.
|Quoting Graham Mayor:
|
| If all you are trying to do is convert underlined commas to non-underlined
| commas, the simplest plan is to use the replace function
|
| In the find box, enter a comma
| In the replace box enter a comma and press CTRL+U twice (no underline)
|
|The SmallCaps issue is half settled--you could probably set up a Find &
|Replace using Wildcards to help you select the author/treatises but I
|already suggested that and you did not appear interested in investigating
|that possibility?
|
|I personally think you ought to dictate some formatting requirements to
|those who wish to submit an article, most journal editors do not seem to be
|so kind as to take it all upon themselves.
|
|DM
|

|On 3/8/05 10:29 PM, "*((({" wrote:
|
| I posted a follow-up saying what was wrong with it. About 10 minutes
| after the suggestion arrived. No follow-ups to my follow-up yet,
| though.
|
| Where is Charles when you need him?
|
| *(((({
|

| In the last exciting episode on Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:23:09 -0800, Daiya
| Mitchell wrote:
|
| |What was wrong with the answer of "use Find and Replace" that you got over
| |there one hour and 15 minutes after you posted the question?
| |
| |
| |On 3/7/05 8:51 PM, "*((({" wrote:
| |
| | Hey Charles,
| | I posted this to formatting.longdocs, but haven't gotten a
| | satisfactory answer yet. Perhaps you do not frequent that NG -- do
| | you have any suggestions for me?
| |
| | --------------------------------------
| |
| | Has anybody figured out how to do legal citation in an easier
| | way? I'm referring specifically to the comma following a case name --
| | it should not be underlined or italicized. Same goes for commas
| | following Id. and e.g.
| | If I get an already-typed manuscript, or a scanned manuscript,
| | how do I change all those commas to plain text? Is there a macro or
| | something?
| | Any macros or tips for formatting law review articles according
| | to the Harvard Bluebook, where authors and treatises are to be in
| | Small Caps?
| | Etc. Etc.
| |