Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Where can I find this symbol?

Excellent suggestion, Jay!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:45:02 -0800, dmmcwethy
wrote:

In Word 2003, I need to find the symbol for Underwriter's Laboratories
(the
letters UL in a circle) to indicate that some electrical components are
"UL
approved". The Insert/Symbol approach works beautifully for the other
symbols I need (the ones for "copyright" and "trademark") but I can't find
font that has the "UL symbol", nor can I type a superscript U and a
subscript
L in a text box overlaid over a circle and then "group" them.

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

The symbol is a trademark of Underwriter's Laboratories Inc., so
unless you have their permission, using it in print would be illegal.
To get their permission, and presumably an electronic copy of the
mark, contact them directly at http://www.ul.com/.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman