Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
craft craft is offline

Default numbered list formatting

could you please give me some more details on the second option? I am trying
to setup a style so that all paragraphs in the document are numbered in this
fashion.

Thank you

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If all the numbers will have the extra leading zeroes (that is, the numbers
will never exceed 00099), you can just type the extra zeroes in front of the
number field in the Customize dialog. If you need numbers 00001 to 99999,
you'll need to use a different kind of number field with a formatting
switch.

"craft" wrote in message
First question:

In previous versions of word there used to be quite a lot of formatting
options for numbered lists. Not the least of those was the ability to

define
the indent of the numbers and the next line. This does not appear to exist

in
Word 2007...am i missing something or is the setting elsewhere?

Second question:

Is it possible, in word 2007, to create a numbered list with leading zeros
before the number?

There appears to be a built-in style which provides 1 leading zero, but

for
my use I require 4. Any way to modify that perhaps?
Thank you