Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Default field values from AD profile info??

Data manipulation is best done in the data source. What it it?

If the number of variations are not too great however, you can get by with
using If...then...Else... fields that provide the appropriate response
depending upon the value of the AD.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steven Heinz" wrote in message
We would like to generate a template that will default values in various
fields with information from an AD profile.

For example:
We have a Department field in the document. We want to set the department
field value = the Department value in the users AD profile.

How would this best be accomplished?

Thanks,
Steven