Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Peter is offline

Default Word mailmerge how to do multiple If statements

Hi Peter,

Please bear with me on this since I am very green with the "IF" statements.

I created a new document and put in the following single line:

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD ALERT }"= "GEN" "{INCLUDETEXT"C:\\Mer\\Gen.doc"}"
"{MERGEFIELD ALERT}"}

I still get the blank field printed. I did check the Gen.doc itself and it
does not print the blank field.

Again, I am green at IF statements and perhaps I'm missing some things in
the document properties as well . . . and your comment: "but you do have to
get the overall layout right" . . . I agree; perhaps I am overlooking
something.

I have been attempting a SP upgrade from SP1 to SP3. SP1 was a success but
SP3 is giving some difficulty in that it looks for DATA1.MSI for SP1 which of
course does not exist on my original Office 2000 CD. Anyway, a different
matter altogether and I don't even know if the SP3 will address the "blank
field printing" issue.

Thanks again!

Peter