Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Page X of Y - NumPages/Section pages

View | Header/Footer. Hit Alt-F9 to toggle field codes. Where it says
NUMPAGES, change that to SectionPages (be sure not to delete any field
braces {}). Alt-F9 to return field codes to showing field results.

Jade5 wrote:
Hello:

How do I replace the NumPages field with a
SectionPages field in a Word document footer so that the pages in a section
are calculated currectly. For example, my document currently has 9 pages - 1
page in section 1 and 8 pages in section 2. However, the footer for the first
page in section 2 is Page 1 of 9 and the last page is Page 8 of 9. I want the
footer of the first page to be Page 1 of 8 and the footer of the last page
should be Page 8 of 8.

Thanks,

Jade.