Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How to insert multiple rows in tables

It's unfortunate that Word doesn't have a dialog that allows you to specify
the number of rows to add in the same way that you can specify how many rows
you want when you initially create a table, but there are ways to streamline
the process.

The first thing you need to know is that when you choose Insert Rows, Word
will add the number of rows you have selected. So if you select two rows, it
will add two rows. You can use this to your advantage even if you start by
adding a single row. Select a row, right-click, choose Insert Rows. Then
select the new row along with the one you originally selected and press F4
(repeat). This will give you two new rows. Add those to the selection (four
rows selected) and press F4 again. Select the eight rows and F4. And so on.

If your table is a very simple one (you haven't changed the default width of
the columns or done anything fancy with borders), there is an even quicker
way. Using Table | Insert | Table or the Insert Table toolbar button, create
a new table with the desired number of rows below your existing table, then
delete the empty paragraph between them to join the tables. If the
additional rows need to go in the middle of the table, you can (with some
trial and error) drag or copy/paste them there.

"Josh W" Josh wrote in message
Hi all, does anyone know how to insert a few rows at once in a table? The
options I currently have in the table menu "insert" is only one row at a
time. Lets say I need to add 20 rows at once, how do I do this? Please
help. Thanks