Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word-Excel mail merge

Change

{ MERGEFIELD myamount }

{ MERGEFIELD myamount \#"$,0.00" }

Peter Jamieson

"mark" wrote in message
Thank You Peter,it worked great....I have one final question if you can
help
me. A monetary amount is showing up as 92800. when I would like it to
show
up as $92,800.00. Any suggestions?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

With your Word document open, press Alt-F9 to see the field codes. They
look
like { MERGEFIELD mydate } rather than mydate

Then type the "format switch" text after the field name and before the
"}",
as previously suggested.

If you already have a switch that looks like "\*Mergeformat", in most
cases
it won't do any harm to delete it.

Peter Jamieson

"mark" wrote in message
Where do I do the date switch...Not exactly computer saavy and this is
driving me crazy. After the date is displayed in my docs, I see
12:00:00
AM
and I'd like to remove that from the docs

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you formatted it using a date/time switch in Word, what switch did
you
use?

If you formatted it in Excel, do not expect Word to use the formatting
you
used - try a date switch in Word, e.g. change

{ MERGEFIELD mydate }
{ MERGEFIELD mydate \@"MM DDD YY" }

substituting whatever format you need.

There's an "explanation" of sorts at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm

Peter Jamieson

"mark" wrote in message
why do I get a time along with the date when I have it formatted to
only
show
a date