Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Cancel a save and revert to previous saved version?

If you save as over an existing filename, you don't get a backup of the
original. However, I missed your point about older backups from saving
frequently.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I don't see why it should be. The .wbk file is not affected by saving
over a current version.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
But if you used save as and ignored the warning then it is gone.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you have "Automatically create backup copy" checked on the Save
tab of Tools | Options, you can find the next-most-recent version of
the document as "Backup of filename.wbk" in the same folder with
the document (you'll have to select All Files to see it). If you
saved frequently while working, this may be very close to the final
version that you inadvertently overwrote.

"SLM" wrote in message
I accidently saved an old file over the name of a newer version.
By some miracle is there a way to undo this? I have just lost
myself about 1/2 day of work? Help!