Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default I'm having trouble with page number footers and alternating header

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for some tips that may
help. It sounds as if you may not be linking/unlinking the proper
headers/footers.

"Lin McDowell" Lin wrote in message
I have composed a 9-chapter book in Word 2002 SP3. I am only able to

either,
A) number the book (footers, starting on the 6th document page, the
Introduction), or B) insert alternating headers, with the book title

running
throughout on one side and the chapter titles on the other. For this last
scenario, I had the book title as a running head throughout the document

on
even-numbered pages, and I inserted section breaks for each chapter and

had
the chapter titles running on the odd-numbered pages. When I try to add

the
headers to the numbered pages, the section breaks and odd-even page setup
defeats the numbering. When I try to add numbers to the pages with

headers,
even though I am using the footers dialogue box, it changes the headers.
Should I be doing all of this in some order that I'm not aware of? Thanks
for any help.