Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rasmus Rasmus is offline

Default Locking a text box?

Many thanks for your reply
Is it possible to do something else? Can you possibly replace the box with
something else?

My wish is to get a "sider", lol :-) (Not a header /footer)

"CyberTaz" wrote:

That can't realistically be done. As Stefan wrote, a floating text box is
always anchored to a paragraph. If you delete the paragraph you delete the
text box. Word documents are a text based structure, not object oriented, so
there are no 'pages' on which to fix floating objects.

The only viable workaround is to add additional section breaks in order to
create a separate Header for that one page section & put the text box in
that Header... But even that is dependent on the existence of the section &
the content of the document. Ergo: Usually more trouble than it's worth.

You're looking for page layout capability & Word is not a page layout
application. You might consider using Publisher or something comparable for
documents that require absolute positioning of objects independent of text.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/22/10 5:55 AM, in article
, "Rasmus"
wrote:

I want my text box to become a permanent part of the document. So if I delete
the remaining text, the text box stays. A bit like the header and footer.

"Rasmus" wrote:

Hello ...

I have a text box on the right side of my document. My problem is that it
moves depending on the remaining text. Can I in any way lock the box so that
it will always be in the same place no matter how the remaining text forms
themselves.

Thanks in advance, Rasmus

.