Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
katnco via OfficeKB.com

Default double spacing between words on Word2002

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I'll second everything said. As an editor I have never
seen a requirement for double spacing between words. It might be that some
publishers would require two spaces after a period or colon (that's a whole
nother ball of wax), but I strongly suspect that double-spaced lines are
what is required.

I'm an aspiring writer who has just discovered (after writing a first book of
200+ pages) that the words need to be double-spaced for the

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
manuscripts a week that never make it - on the other hand don't let me
put you off: some do!

Thank you to everyone who has so eagerly given me advice. I realise I have
been a complete dunce and have now- correctly!- double spaced the LINES!
the lack of initial research- I didn't start writing this book to get
published- it was something I did for enjoyment and then decided I wanted to
try and take further! And I am, of course- here I have done my research!-
prepared for rejections. Such is life and you've gotta keep trying!
Thanks again all.