Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How can I maintain a database used as a source for mail functions

The database that you created was probaly stored as a table in a Word
document. You can open that document and edit, add to, or delete records
directly in the table.

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

See the article "How to convert addresses into a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...ToDatafile.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Beverly907" wrote in message
Using a previous version of Word, I developed a file of approximately 500
names and addresses, which I use as a basis for producing mailing labels.
used the database toolbar to maintain the file - adding new entries,
updating
entries, and deleting entries. How can I accomplish this same function in
Word 2007, without recreating the entire database?