Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Default picture format to "inline with text"

Hi S.B.,

When you paste a picture then right click and check Text Wrapping is it showing as 'inline' ?

The option setting is stored in the registry. Is this a home or work computer? It;s It's possible that you don't have user profile
permissions to make the modification so that it sticks beyond the current session, or that the registry key that stores the
information is damaged or that an add-in is overriding the change either on closing or starting Word.

If you start word, use
Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=Cut, copy and paste
and set Insert/paste picture as Tight, then type a space in the blank document then close Word (without saving the document) then
restart Word what is the setting for that option?

If it did not stick, try going to
Office Button=Word Options=Trust Center=Addins and
turn on the choice disable all addins, restart Word and try to stick the choice again, then restart Word and turn the add-ins back
on.

===============
"sb" wrote in message ...
I am trying to set the default for picture pasting to 'tight' using Office
2007 and Windows XP.
I have followed the instructions above - button/word options/ advanced/
cut... and set it to tight.
But when I past a picture it still pastes it in line with text.
I have closed and re-opened word, and the problem remains.
when I go back into button etc, it is set to tight, it just doesn't work
that way.
Is there a solution?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)