Charles Kenyon

One other thing is you can simply assign abbreviations to styles by putting
that in the name. For instance, in my templates Body Text is named "Body
Text, bt" If I type "bt" in the style window, it will apply the style.
Ctrl-Shift-S lets me type into that window without using the mouse.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"vandeg" wrote in message
Thanks. After I posted this I tried again and the shortcut keys seem to
work,
but they don't show up in the styles listing. I will look further.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Vandeg

I haven't experienced this problem, and I've had templates with shortcut
keys for styles survive journeys from Word 2000 to 2003 and back again.

If you have a document based on a template, and bearing in mind that
Normal.dot is always lurking around as a global template, then the
keyboard
shortcuts may have been saved in normal.dot, in the template or the
document. So maybe the shortcuts were not, in fact, stored in the
templates?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"vandeg" wrote in message
It seems that I have lost shortcut keys that I established for styles
in
templates that I created with Word 2000 and now I am using Word 2003.
Is
this
correct, or am I missing something? I have looked at my styles and it
does
not look like the shortcut keys are there. I haven't found anything on
this
on microsoft's site.