Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Excel data to Word table template

If this is something that you do each month, it would be worthwhile linking
the content of each cell in the Word table to the corresponding cell in
Excel.

Then all you will need to do is select the table and press F9 to update the
fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barrie" wrote in message
news
I have a Word 2007 template for a monthly report that includes a formatted
table. When I delete the data and try to copy and paste the updated rows
and
columns from Excel 2007, it all wants to go into the top left cell. Of
course, I can copy over the data as a table but then I lose my formatting.
How should I be going about this?