Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Michael Koerner Michael Koerner is offline

Default Borders and Shading

I do a mail merge from Excel into a Word table. Once the merge is completed, I have a macro (thanks to someone in this NG) which goes through the table, and when the first letter of the last name (column 1) changes it inserts a new row, combines all the cells sets the shading to 10%grey, centers an upper case character for that letter and inserts a border around that cell. The problem arises when the newly created cell is the first row on a new page, the last row on the previous page contains a bottom border which should not be there.

If I select the last row on the page, and delete the border, the border is removed from the top of the next page also. The only way I have found to keep the border where it is required and remove it from where it is not wanted is to delete the border one cell at a time rather than selecting the whole row at once. I was wondering if there might be an easier way to do this?

--

Regards
Michael Koerner