Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Cannot Delete Page

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

"domtrump" wrote in message
Word 2007 has created a third page to my document that I simply cannot get
rid of. The page is blank except for the header. Using "reveal codes" (or
whatever it is called in Word), I can see that the only thing on the page
is
a ¶ symbol (paragraph symbol?). I tried to delete it, but when I select it
and hit delete, it will not go away. I have tried the three different
solutions for "Delete Page" in the Word 2007 help, but none of them work.
How
do I get rid of the ¶ symbol and remove this unwanted page? The help says
highlight and delete the "page break" but I do not see such a symbol. What
does a "page break" symbol look like?

Also, is there a table somewhere of the "hidden" formatting codes used in
Word? I can't figure out what some of those symbols mean (what the heck is
"¤" ?).

Thanks for your help.