Jay Freedman

Default How can I fill in a form field and have it show up in another FF?

Forrest wrote:
I have a form with Client Name at the top. Client name appears later
in the form as well. I want to be able to entrer it once at the
beginning and have it appear in both locations. I thought I could
use the Calculate ability with the second form field, but can't get
that to work. The examples I have read show a calculation like
'=Amount1+Amount2'. I thought I could use and expression like
=ClientName to fill in the second field, where ClientName is the
bookmark for the first form field. The result of that is the second
form field is filled with the letter 'C'. Btw, I did change the
deata type of the second field to Calculate. I am sure this can be
accomplished with VBA, but I don't want to have to learn VBA for such
a simple requirement. What am I missing? Thanks.

The "Calculate" method is for... calculations. To repeat text from a field
somewhere else, use a Ref field instead of a second form field. The form
field does have to have "Calculate on exit" checked to cause the Ref field
to update.

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for a full explanation.

--
Regards,