Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default How do I circle a word to highlight it

You found the oval. Click on it, the cursor becomes a plus sign, click on
your document where you want the shape, hold the mouse button down to drag
it. It will be on top of your text. Right-click on it, select Format
AutoShape, select the Layout tab, select Behind Text, OK.

I'd also like to respectfully suggest that you become familiar with using
the Help files. That will help to keep your frustration level down.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lois E Power" wrote in message
news
I found the autoshapes and I click on the oval trying to manipulate it but
nothing happens - maybe I have the wrong view. If you know step by step
how
to do this, please respond that way. This is very maddening. I can see
it
but I can't make it happen.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

You found AutoShapes I assume. From there you are given several different
options/types of shapes. Play with different options. There are several
that
will suit your needs.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lois E Power" wrote in message
I need more information. When I go to autoshapes I can't just get a
simple
circle - I get all this complicated stuff. I just want to circle a
word.

"Lois E Power" wrote:

I am typing a chart with numbers. I want to be able to circle certain
numbers to highlight them