Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Word 2007 (and Excel 2007) open slowly

What happens if you deactivate your virus scanner (I mean completely)
and try it then?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"br72" wrote in message
:

Everything is local. It happens with both old and new files. To test this,
I created a new document the content of which was simply called "test doc"
and saved it in default word 2007 docx format. I have the same problem with
that.

But Patrick, from your question, I think you misunderstand my problem.
through explorer or from the start menu-recent documents). This happens
even when
Word is already open, so the problem is not Word initializing. Word,
already open, will sit there for 15 seconds or so. If I open the same doc
from within word, it opens instantly.

Yes, the same problem applies to Excel.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Are the documents on a network share or local? Are they large? Old or
new file format?
Does the same apply to Excel? Meaning, the application itself opens fast
it is just that loading documents takes long (even if done via File,
Open)?