Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wordperfect fan wordperfect fan is offline

Default Word 2007: Auto-numbering, how to set a start number other than 1

Word 2007

This is a legal pleading & the format is "Response to Special Rog [#]

I'm auto-numbering using Quickparts - Fields. Now my requests have jumped
from 42 to 45. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any way to reset the
starting number to 45.

BTW: I received a doc the other day which appeared to have auto numbering in
it - using some extremely complicated set up that in fact, didn't actually
work. It inserted the same code every time & you had to manually update the
field every time so... not really auto-numbering at all, unfortunately.