Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justsailaway Justsailaway is offline

Default Why is "the selection locked" in all my Word documents?

Thank you very much for your advice...but how do I install 2003 on Vista? I
thought it was incompatible....

"rangana" wrote:

Hi justsailaway,

I have been experiencing that problem too. Mine is a trial version and its
uneditable. I guess were on the same track. Try installing it back, supply
the product key. If you have none, install back your 2003. It will get those
worn out of your head.

Best regardz!

"Justsailaway" wrote:

I opened Word 2007 in Windows Vista and it won't let me type anything or edit
any of my documents because "the selection is locked". I'm not sure if it's
relevant, but I haven't entered my Product Key yet, mainly because I don't
think I have one. How can I get back to Word and the way it was before?