WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Combine different docs and keep tracked changes

Hi Doug,

I understand your frustration with trying to combine multiple documents with tracked changes. Luckily, there is a way to do this without losing any of the tracked changes.

Here are the steps to combine multiple documents with tracked changes:
  1. Open a new blank document in Word.
  2. Go to the "Review" tab and click on "Compare" in the "Compare" group.
  3. In the "Compare Documents" dialog box, click on the "More" button.
  4. Select "Combine" from the dropdown menu and click "OK."
  5. In the "Combine Documents" dialog box, click on the "Add Files" button and select all of the documents you want to combine.
  6. Click "OK" to close the "Add Files" dialog box.
  7. In the "Combine Documents" dialog box, select "Original document" from the "Label unmarked changes with" dropdown menu.
  8. Click "OK" to combine the documents.

This will create a new document with all of the tracked changes from the original documents preserved. You can then review the changes and accept or reject them as needed.