Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default HOW CAN WE CHANGE PAGE BORDER FROM PT INTO CENTIMETER

I think the question is about margins and/or rulers, rather than
border(line)s around paragraphs.

In that case, Kathy's solution would be the right one -- but in this
case, google doesn't even show me an author entry in the message list,
unlike the many items that were posted night-before-last that show me
no message when I click on them (someone else noted the same problem
in another thread recently).

On Mar 20, 7:29*pm, Jay Freedman wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:07:02 -0700, Kathy F.
wrote:

One other thing to look at, from the menu, select Tools, Options. On the
options screen, select the General tab. You should have a Measurement Units
list that includes Inches, Points, Centimeters, etc...

"ferari" wrote:

how can we change measurement for page border from pt into centimeter

Unfortunately, neither your answer nor the one I posted will do what ferari
asked for. Having gone and looked, the Page Border dialog's Width dropdown
allows only the choices that are hard-coded into it, all of which are in points.
Even with a macro, you're limited to the same selection of widths.

If you want a border with a specific width in centimeters, you can calculate the
equivalent in points (multiply the number of centimeters by 28.35) and choose
the nearest available entry from the dropdown.