Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Wildcard and placeholders

Sorry, I made a typo. "Replace with" should be:

Chapter \2

(note that there is a space before the backslash).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Try the following instead:

"Find what": (Section )([0-9])

"Replace with": (Chapter )\2

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AzmL" wrote in message

Hi there,

I am doing a find and replace exercise using wildcards.
I have MS Office Professional 2010.

I want to replace "Section X" by "Chapter X" (X being a number from 0 to
9)

Here is what I have inputed into the Find and Replace box:
Find what: Section ([0-9])
Replace with: Chapter \1

Curiously, "Section X" is replaced by "X Chapter" (the number appears
BEFORE Chapter).
Is this a bug? I have been using wildcard several times and never faced
such a behaviour.

Many thanks

--
AzmL