dnharris14 dnharris14 is offline
Junior Member

I'm still on 2003 and have one serious problem with 2007. I'm sure with time I can learn the ribbon. However, I'm a heavy macro guy and the inability to create a custom icon in 2007 is a deal killer. I simply can not have 25 macros with the same default icon and the available "standard" icons are not very helpful with respect to reminding me what the macro actually does. I was hoping that 2010 would fix this problem, but everything I have read so far is not giving me much hope. So, 2003 will be my word processor until Microsoft does something in the future that makes it completely obsolete. I can understand their arguments about the "evolution of the workforce" and changes in the way we do work, but those don't seem to be good enough reason to strip customization features from the software. I may be a power user, but I don't do code, other than macros. So, my ability to re-engineer something to make it work the way I want it to is simply impossible. Thanks for listening.

Word 2003 Forever!