Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default AutoCorrect

What about Find & Replace? - Click the More button, then click the Special
button;

Find what: ^^ [Note: You need 2 carets because the caret is a
'special character']
Replace with: ^p -or- ^|

Or am I not clear on what you are asking?
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
Thank you for confirming the workings of AutoCorrect. The background is
this:

I have a mail merge document in which some fields have recurring values
and
Word cannot cope with them. I changed the recurring values, concatenating
the
items using caret (^), defined an AutoCorrect entry to change ^ to line
feed.
It does not work except when I type ^. I am loathe to write a macro
because
I'd like users to use whatever template they choose and the macro may not
be
present in their particular template. Must find another solution!