Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to make a document 'remember' which printer.

Hi Graham,

Very nice When I suggested something on this line on the 18th, it seemed that I was forgetting something and of course now I do
recall it (sorry )

What we ended up having to do was to store the variable as hidden within the document (may have been a bookmark) rather than as a
document property to keep the 'remove hidden data' routine (now in Word 2007's
Office Button=Prepare=Inspect document)
from taking out the saved name again.

The document inspector can be customized but I'd suspect that it may be something some companies have setup to run the default
inspection somewhat automatically.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message ...
I have just added a page to my site with an add-in that will associate a
document with the required printer and print using that printer if it is
available. http://www.gmayor.com/Associate_Printer.htm

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office Products MVP