Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Default Document to document

To create the hyperlink, Insert icon or picture. Select icon, on toolbar go
to Insert-Hyperlink. At Insert Hyperlink dialog box go to "Look In" and
browze to select document you are linking to, click OK. Hold down ctrl key
and click icon to display hyperlinked document. Depending on your privacy
settings, anyone who has access to the documents can view them.

"Lynn" wrote:

I am typing up some minutes and I wanted to drop another document with some
information into this document. I want to add it as an icon so that if they
want to read it they can click on it or pass it by. Is it possible to do
this and if so, can it then be opened by people who do not work for my
organization?
Thank you.