Graham Mayor

Hmmm. I don't have support for Japanese installed and the Extended
Formatting toolbar works here
In fact I hadn't discovered this toolbar until I read this thread and it
will probably stay neglected in the future

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
From what I read in help, the Extended Formatting toolbar works only
if you have support for Japanese installed. I suggested "removing"
the toolbar because you said you'd added it through Tools |
Customize; this is more than a matter of turning it on or off: it
does not appear on the toolbar list at all unless it is checked on
the Toolbars tab of the Customize dialog.

"Peter" wrote in message
I turned off the Extended Formatting toolbar (how do you "remove" a
toolbar) and the support for Japanese through Microsoft Office Tools
Language Settings was already (by default) turned off.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens if you remove the Extended Formatting toolbar and then
disable support for Japanese through Microsoft Office Tools |
Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings?

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Peter" wrote in message
My daughter asked me to print a document that had emphasis marks
turned on (View, Toolbars, Customize, Extended Formatting). After
I printed her document, the emphasis marks defaulted into the "on"
position on all WORD (2003 Professional) files. I changed the
Normal.dot to eliminate them and thought it was repaired.

However, when I open a new e-mail in Microsoft Outlook
Professional 2003, in HTML format, the emphasis marks are "on" by
default still. The only way to turn them off is to have the
extended formatting toolbar open and click off the setting. I
cannot figure out how to make the default settings exclude the
emphasis marks!

I have restored the computer to an earlier date (prior to all this
happening) and it didn't resolve it. I have uninstalled Microsoft
Office Professional 2003 (using Add/Remove Programs) and
reinstalled it. The problem persists.

How do I change the default toolbar settings to exclude the
emphasis marks?