Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default cannot update locked fields

I don't know what is causing the locked field error message, but you can
include code to update the fields. The quickest way is to use the command
to do a print preview and then close the print preview

With ActiveDocument
.PrintPreview
.ClosePrintPreview
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"hubbie" wrote in message
I using an excel db and trying to perform an auto mail merge. The merge
seems to be working but I get an error that reads "Word found locked
fields
during the update. Word cannot update locked fields." All my fields seem
be updated but I want to get ride of this error??
Also, part of my db is a link to a jpg for each merged page. After the
merge I am required to do a Ctrl-A and F9 to update and see the pictures.
Can I include this in my code somehow?