Charles Kenyon

Tab settings are determined by the paragraph style or paragraph formatting.
See the link on styles.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Willa" wrote in message
Ok, that worked. One problem solved seems to create another. I got the
left and right alignment I was wanting, however, when I tried to type the
paragraph beneath it I could not get the regular tab to work. Do I
constantly need to change the tab settings all the time?

Ellin

"Deborah" wrote in message
I know the transition from Word Perfect to Word is a hair-pulling
experience.
I'll see if I can help soften the blow.

Assuming your have 1" margins all the way around, do the following:

Click on Format
Click on Tabs
Under Tab stop position type in 6"
Under Alignment click the Right button
Click on Set
Click on OK

"Elin" wrote:

The instructions for creating a right align tab are to insert a symbol.
There are loads of symbols but no discription of what they are. What is
Right Alight Tab symbol? Now you can tell how new I am to Word. This
is
really easy in Word Perfect - alt F7
thanks for your help

"Deborah" wrote:

Create a Right Align Tab at the right margin. Type your article
number on
the left (if you are manually numbering the articles), then hit Tab
and type
your title

"Elin" wrote:

Formatting a manual. In the paragraph title I want the Article
number flush
right and the name of the Article flush left on the same line. How
do I do
that?