Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Another great example of how Word 2007 "brings commands closer to the surface"

I've removed the Cut, Copy, and Paste buttons from my toolbar in order to
accommodate others, and I have never missed them. I do use a lot of the
formatting buttons (Italic, Bold, Underline, Double Underline, Small Caps,
All Caps) when I'm editing, but I use only the keyboard shortcut for
pasting.

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:41:09 -0500 from Suzanne S. Barnhill
:
No, Word has always provided a variety of ways to accomplish any given

task,
to accommodate user preference insofar as possible, while still leaning

making the UI most accommodating for the majority of users. I'll also

add
that many users *do* adopt at least some keyboard shortcuts when they

are
introduced to them, but most casual Word users (and that includes a

*lot* of
users, since "everybody" has Word) don't have the same needs as power

users.

I remember support for this in the MS blog that Joann pointed me to a
few weeks ago. It said that even people who used Ctrl-V a lot also
clicked the Paste icon a lot. Since then I've paid attention, and
even though I'm a keyboard guy I find myself using that Paste icon.
:-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/