Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track Changes - Accept-Reject buttons greyed out

Me, either. I just knew the possibility existed. Glad that helped!

"John Gregory" wrote in message
That was it! Thank you for your help.

I have never run across that before

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the document protected in some way? What do you see in the Tools |
Protect Document task pane?

"John Gregory" wrote in message
All of those features are greyd-out and not available, the only ones
that
work are the arrows to go between changes - that's it. I am very
familiar
with how track changes works normally, but for some unknown reason,
none
of
the usual methods work.

If I open a new document and track changes, everything works normally.

As a work around, I saved the document as a text file, then saved the
text
file as a doc file and now it works, however I lost all of my
formatting.

"grammatim" wrote:

You should be able to access the Accept/Reject buttons only when you
have a change selected. If you don't, it ought to give you the drop-
down menu that has (among others) the Accept All Changes option.

If you want to Accept (or Reject) All the Changes, click not on the
button, but on the tiny down-arrow next to the check-mark (or x-out)
button

On Aug 13, 2:39 pm, John Gregory
wrote:
When using the Track Changes feature, the Accept-Reject buttons are
greyed
out. They don't do anything. I can go to the individual changes,
however I
can not accept or reject them using any of the standard methods
(right
clik
on change, or toolbar).

The document was an existing document I made changes in, now I can
not
accpet these to get the final document. Any ideas?