No, no! You shouldn't feel like an idiot! You should feel vastly better
educated and knowledgeable now!

"Toon" wrote in message
Thank you very much for the web site !
I now feel like an idiot !!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Toon" wrote in message
news
For the last 7 days, when I tried to open a document made from Word

97, it
took very long to open.

Now, today, all of my Word documents ( around 150 Ea. ) have weird

looking
symbols spread throughout the document while looking at the monitor.

The symbols look similar to a symbol you would see on a sheet of

music.

However, when I print the document, it prints fine without the weird

symbols.

When I install a backup disk with a Word Document, the symbols appear

on
the
monitor.

Can ANYONE help me get rid of these weird symbols ? Please !!