Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Go To [Page Number] Logic?

Forget that there is any "logic" to this and specify page ranges the way
Word expects them. When you have more than one section, you must include the
section number. For more, see the "Print specific pages and sections"
portion of the "Print a document" Help topic.

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a document with a number of sections - 67 pages in the first, 70 in
the second and a few other sections at the end just a few page each.

If you use the Go To dialog to select page 68, Word actually goes to page

68
of the second section (regardless of the original cursor location) which

is
in fact the 135th page of the document. If you were to choose (say) page
120, Word will go to the 120th page (presumably because there is no 'page
number' 120 in any of the sections).

Specifying pages to print in the Print dialog seems to work on a similar
logic.

While I can work around this happily enough it is driving some of my users
mad. Is there some way to override the logic so that when you choose to
print from, or go to, page 68, you actually go to the 68th page of the
document, not to page 68 in the first section that has that many pages.

I hope the above makes sense - sometimes difficult to describe a 'feature'
that seems to make no sense at all!

TIA

Paul