Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tedoniman

Default How to change Word default backup folder for .wbk extension files

Win XP SP2 / Word 2003. How can we change the Word doc default backup
location. As it stands, Word can be made to auto-backup Word docs w/ the
".wbk"
extension to same folder that the main file is saved to.

When I click "Save as" or "Save", I would like to be able to simultaneously
auto-back my document to a prefered location (ex: a folder in a different
computer on the home network), or, simultaneously send a backup to BOTH the
default AND the prefered location.

To me, this seems more practical and secure than a default-backup mechanism
which targets the same folder on the same drive which might crash and
obliterate all forever - as recently occurred.

Is there a simple solution to all this or does it require a special Word
macro?

Thanks,

--
Ted...