Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Default How to change Word default backup folder for .wbk extension files

See if this provides what you are looking for:

http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

tedoniman wrote:
Win XP SP2 / Word 2003. How can we change the Word doc default backup
location. As it stands, Word can be made to auto-backup Word docs w/
the ".wbk"
extension to same folder that the main file is saved to.

When I click "Save as" or "Save", I would like to be able to
simultaneously auto-back my document to a prefered location (ex: a
folder in a different computer on the home network), or,
simultaneously send a backup to BOTH the default AND the prefered
location.

To me, this seems more practical and secure than a default-backup
mechanism which targets the same folder on the same drive which might
crash and obliterate all forever - as recently occurred.

Is there a simple solution to all this or does it require a special
Word macro?

Thanks,