Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori H. Lori H. is offline

Default Automating SUM function in a table in a form

check the 6/3 post by Graham Mayor in the thread "where is the autosum..."

you need to check "calculate on exit" in the fields contributing to the sum
(and you also have to use default =0, because blanks will confuse the autosum
function).

"Terri" wrote:

I have created a form using a table where I enter numbers in a column. At the
bottom of a column I have pasted a SUM(ABOVE) function which should
automatically add up the column and give me the result. I need help
automating the SUM function. Right now in order to get the cell with the
SUM(ABOVE) function to calculate, I have to right click and select "Update
Field." What can I do to make it so it updates without having to manually
update?

Terri