Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori H. Lori H. is offline

Default Automating SUM function in a table in a form

also, macropod posted this link in 2008 to the thread "equations in Word 2007":
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
I found it helpful for advanced calculations (like including discontinuous
cells).

"Terri" wrote:

I have created a form using a table where I enter numbers in a column. At the
bottom of a column I have pasted a SUM(ABOVE) function which should
automatically add up the column and give me the result. I need help
automating the SUM function. Right now in order to get the cell with the
SUM(ABOVE) function to calculate, I have to right click and select "Update
Field." What can I do to make it so it updates without having to manually
update?

Terri