WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to get Formula result to update automatically?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

To get the formula result to update automatically, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the cell with the formula in it.
  2. Go to the "Formulas" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Calculation Options" and select "Automatic".

This will set your document to automatically update any formulas whenever a relevant change is made.

If this doesn't work, you can also try checking your settings in the "Advanced" section of the Word Options menu. To do this:
  1. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Advanced" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down to the "General" section and make sure that "Update automatic links at open" is checked.

This should ensure that your formulas update automatically whenever a relevant change is made. Let me know if this helps!