Roy Stannard

Default Unpredictable section breaks odd and even pages and page numbering

Hi,

I am trying to format a doc so that it can be printed on both sides of a
page as in the usual book layout without much success so far. My problems
are with setting the section breaks so that each section (or chapter)
starts on an odd page. When I set this up Section Break (Odd Page)
sometimes changes to Section Break (Even page). What I don't seem to able
to do is just set Section Break so that the next starts on an odd page
(reliably). I am also having problems with page numbering, the number
sequence runs for a few pages and then starts again, this seems to be
related to the section breaks. Also, some numbers are missing. Altogether
a bit of a mess!!

Also, any advice on using different headers for the odd and even pages
would be most welcome.

The document itself is fairly graphic intensive with Excel charts and some
imported jpeg pics. These seem to be OK. The version of Word is 2003, part
of Professional Edition 2003.

Any help or links would be much appreciated.

regards

Roy

--
Scanned with AVG