Jill76

Default How can I customize the sort order of a Table of Contents?

I am using MS Word 2000. I am working with a 23 page document, such doc
includes built-in heading styles (Heading 1 and Heading 2). The automatic
Table of Contents, by default, lists the headings in order of page numbers.
Rather than this format, can Word list by headings instead? Specifically, I
need my toc to first list of all of my Heading 1 designations, then my
Heading 2 designations to follow -- can this be done? Are filtering options
available?