Daiya Mitchell

I think in this case you do want a macro. Tables and columns are not among
the attributes that you can include in a style definition.

An alternative would be saving a preformatted table as an AutoText entry,
then typing the text directly into it (assuming you want this macro for
creating new documents as well as formatting old).

You should be able to delete the styles you created using Tools | Macros...|
Organizer.

On 4/20/05 6:48 PM, "Janet" wrote:

I'm using Word 2003. I want to create a new style - to convert text,
separated by paragraphs, into a 2 column table, with no borders. I have
tried both using New Style and selecting what I want, or making the
formatting changes to the text and then naming the new style. When I try to
apply the new style, I have a 2 column table, with no borders, BUT the text
has remained in one column, rather than being divided into 2 columns. When I
make the formatting changes to the text, it has very clearly been divided
into 2 columns. So why doesn't style work?
A second question - since I have been experimenting, I have several styles,
that I want to PERMANENTLY delete (I saved to the template - being
optimistic!) - how can I now get rid of them?
Also, is there a way to have ONLY the styles which I have created appear
with every new document or do I have to hide the others and select the ones I
want?
Why oh why is style better than a macro?!?
Thanks
Janet

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word