Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swooop

Default auto-extract fields from word - auto-paste into excel at next row

Word document has info like name: ______ , phone number _______, company
_______ etc. (it isn't a phonebook, just has similar fields).

I want users (employees) to enter the information in word, and then have
word send out the info they type in to excel, and save as a database type
worksheet.

So for the example above, when users click save after typing in the info,
the info they type in goes to a certain excel file (not a new one) and puts
the info in the next available row. Column 1 would be Name, Column 2 would
be phone number etc...

I essentially want the users to use only word, but still maintain a database
for data input.

I thnk MS access can do this type of thing, but I'm sure word/excel can too.

Final example to get my point accross.

In Word:

Input 1: Larry
Input 2: 123-456-7890
Input 3: California

Users enter inputs, then hit save. Upon save (in the background), an excel
file is updated (at the next availabe row) with :

Column 1, row x = Larry
Column 2, row x = 123-456-7890
Column 3, row x = California

The next time that same word document is opened and different info is
inputted, excel should add a row 'y', with the new info.

FYI: The word document is a professional page with professional looking
formating (this is our problem with access).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!